Sunday, October 9, 2011

Dewey's 24 hour readathon

Disclaimer: I am using my power as the author of this blog to do something I wouldn't normally do: make an off-topic post! The reason for this is, quite simply, that I don't have a book blog on which to post this, and I figure a lot of genealogists are probably big readers too, so you might just find it interesting!

October 22nd is the date of the next bi-annual Dewey's 24 Hour Read-A-Thon. I just recently found out that this exists, and it made me indescribably happy.

Basically, it means spending as much time as possible reading during a set 24 hour period. Here in Winnipeg it starts on the 22nd at 7:00am. The website has a list of all the start times based on your location.

For those of you who are annoyed by this off-topic post, I promise that this is one of only two such posts that will occur around this event. When the challenge begins, I'll write another post, which I will just update (probably hourly) throughout the day, so I won't be flooding your feed reader or anything.

I hope that some of you will join me in this exciting challenge! Let me know if you plan to, and we can watch each other's updates and cheer each other on!

No comments:

Post a Comment