Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Samhain!


Mildred Grace Watts, my great grandmother
 I know I already posted today, but I couldn't let a holiday go by unacknowledged! Happy Hallowe'en, Samhain, or whatever else you celebrate today!

I celebrate both the secular holiday Hallowe'en, and the Pagan holiday Samhain. Samhain is the best holiday for me to post about on this blog, because much of it centres around honouring one's ancestors. So today, while I consume unhealthy quantities of candy while dressed as a Star Trek character, I will also be displaying images of my ancestors and honouring their memories.

So, it's particularly appropriate that today I confirmed a connection in my family tree, which led me generation further back in my maternal line. (I'll be posting about that soon.) So I am now Lianne, daughter of Janice, daughter of Joyce, daughter of Mildred, daughter of Alice, daughter of Elizabeth, daughter of Sarah Jane.

What do you do to celebrate this time of year, whether you celebrate Hallowe'en, Samhain, or some other holiday?

1 comment: