Sunday, November 6, 2011

Veterans' Week - Lucien Richard

Yesterday, for my first Veterans' Day post, I wrote about Gerard Richard. Today's veteran is Gerard's younger brother, Lucien Joseph Arthur Richard.

Lucien was my great uncle, the brother of my paternal grandmother. He was born on August 30, 1924, in Manitoba (probably in St. Francois Xavier), the son of Alphonse and Bertha Richard.

Lucien was a rifleman in the Royal Winnipeg Rifles, R.C.I.C., unit, in World War II. He died on August 15, 1944, almost making it out of the war. The record of this is held by Library and Archives Canada.

Stay tuned this week for more military records from my family tree. Do you have relatives who fought in a war? Tell us about them in the comments, or blog about them and leave a link in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment