Monday, November 7, 2011

Veterans' Week - Phillippe Daigneault

The veteran of the day in my family tree is Phillippe Daigneault.

Phillippe was my first cousin twice removed, the cousin of my paternal grandmother. He was born on July 31, 1894, in St. Francois Xavier, Manitoba, the son of Emilien and Sarah (Hogue) Daigneault.

Phillippe fought in World War I. The record of this is held by Library and Archives Canada. I don't know when he died, whether it was in the war or much later. He was recruited in 1917, which is after the last available census (1916), so I guess I won't know for sure until later censuses are released.

Stay tuned this week for more military records from my family tree. Do you have relatives who fought in a war? Tell us about them in the comments, or blog about them and leave a link in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment