Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Advent Calendar - December 6: Santa Claus

This post is part of a series for the Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories. See all my posts in this series.

I don't really remember when I stopped believing in Santa Claus. I never had a traumatic discovery of lies. :) It's like I just gradually came to an understanding of Santa as more of a concept and a tradition than an actual person (oh dear, I sound just like Neil on The Santa Clause). And I was OK with that. Even though Christmas is no longer my primary winter holiday, I still see Santa as a very important part of my holiday celebrations.

Oh, and when I have a kid, I will most definitely tell them there's a Santa. I don't get this idea of parents telling their kids there's no Santa right away for the sake of "honesty". I don't personally know anyone who resents their parents letting them believe in Santa Claus. Come on, people!

No comments:

Post a Comment