Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Me and WikiTree



I've been meaning to write this post for so long! As you have probably gathered from other posts I've written recently, I now work for WikiTree. Since February, I have been WikiTree's User Group Coordinator. (I'm even on the Contact Us page! Check it out!)

This change came about because I had recently become really active in the user groups, and on WikiTree in general. I had started the Acadian Ancestors User Group. I was getting involved in every way possible. And now I'm even more involved! I even got to help represent WikiTree at a genealogy conference. Awesome!

Now, the main reason I wanted to write this post was to clarify one thing: this blog is still my personal genealogy blog. I am not paid to blog here. Part of my job is blogging once a month on the WikiTree blog, but this blog is all me. I'm telling you this so that I can continue to post about WikiTree and not be seen as a marketing person. If I gush about how much I love WikiTree, it's because I do, and I was writing those posts long before I started working for the site!

In future posts I'll give more details about what exactly I do on WikiTree. And as usual, if you want an invitation to the site, let me know!

2 comments:

  1. Well Good for you Lianne :-) I am interested in your blog. My last name is also Lavoie. I am from Maine And my gfather was Octave Lavoie married to Philomene Ouellette. How do I join?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello potential cousin! :) I can send you an invite to WikiTree; I just need your email address. You can either post it here or email me at Lianne -at- wikitree -dot- com.

      Delete